CHESTER TOWNSHIP, NJ (Morris County) – A homeowner and her two cats escaped a house fire without any injuries Thursday evening.
At 11:13 p.m., police and firefighters responded to a residence on Prides Crossing for a reported appliance fire in the kitchen, police said.
Prior to patrol and fire department arrival, the fire had spread throughout the residence, police said.
The homeowner and her two cats were able to make it out of the burning residence unharmed, police said.
The firefighters braved single digit temperatures and extinguished the fire in approximately 3 hours.
One firefighter sustained a minor injury during the fire, police said.
The fire appears to be accidental in nature and is still under investigation, police said
Assisting at the scene were Budd Lake Fire, Flanders Fire, Peapack-Gladstone Fire, Fairmount Fire, Roxbury Co.3, Mendham Fire, Mendham Boro Fire, Randolph Fire, Netcong Fire, Hackettstown Fire, Long Valley Fire, Chester First Aid, Long Valley First Aid, Atlantic Ambulance, Morris County OEM, Morris County EMS Task Force, Morris County Communications and the Chester Department of Public Works.