MANSFIELD TOWNSHIP, NJ (Warren County) – A cell phone that caught fire earlier this week prompted local firefighters to warn residents about charging their cell phones.
On Wednesday at 11:21 p.m., the Tri-County Volunteer Fire Company responded to a business located in the Mansfield Commons on Route 57 for a fire alarm activation, the Tri-County Volunteer Fire Company said.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they found the cause of the alarm to actually be a cell phone that was on fire and extinguished prior to the arrival of first due companies.
Firefighters want to remind everyone to:
- Keep an eye on their phone while it’s charging.
- Not to overcharge their phones or other devices.
For more Northwest Jersey’s News, tune into 92.7FM, 104.7FM, 1510AM, wrnj.com or on the TuneIn app.
(Photo Source: Tri-County Volunteer Fire Company)