Juvenile suffers minor burns in bedroom fire

RANDOLPH TOWNSHIP, NJ (Morris County) – A juvenile was taken to the hospital after he received minor burns from a fire in a bedroom Sunday evening.

Shortly after 11:00 p.m., the Randolph Fire Department responded to 145 Selma Blvd for a report of a fire in a private residence, Randolph Twp. Deputy Fire Chief Michael Vanadia said.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they observed moderate smoke condition inside the residence, Vanadia said.

The initial report was that everyone was out of the residence and that there was a fire burning in the bedroom. A small smoldering fire was located on a bed and was extinguished by fire crews, Vanadia said.

Additional firefighters assisted in the removal of the burnt contents and ventilation of the residence, Vanadia said.

Randolph EMS transported the male juvenile to a local hospital, Vanadia said.

The fire was not suspicious, Randolph Township Police Detective Lieutenant Christopher Giuliani said.

“The fire official did note that there was a phone and charger in the immediate area of where the fire started.  He did not determine if the phone or charger was responsible for the fire,” Giuliani said.

Mutual aid was requested from Chester Fire Department and Roxbury Fire Department, but the incident was scaled back to to just Randolph fire units, Vanadia said.

Fire units were on scene for approximately 1 ½ hours.

For more Northwest Jersey’s News, tune into 92.7FM, 104.7FM, 1510AM, or on the TuneIn app.

By: Jay Edwards Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook