Man burned after vape cigarette explodes in pants

READINGTON TOWNSHIP, NJ (Hunterdon County) – A man got the shock of his life when his vape cigarette caught fire in his rear pants pocket Thursday afternoon.

At 1:53 p.m., hours, township police responded to a residence on South Branch Drive to assist the Whitehouse Rescue Squad with a 19-year-old man suffering burns from an exploding vape cigarette, police said.

The man stated that he was walking into his house, when for unknown reasons, the vape battery in his rear pants pocket began to spark and caught fire, police said.

The rescue squad transported the male to Saint Barnabas hospital for treatment, police said

The Whitehouse Fire Department responded to evaluate minor burn damage to the floor of the residence, police said.

For more Northwest Jersey’s News, tune into 92.7FM, 104.7FM, 1510AM, or on the TuneIn app.

By: Jay Edwards Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook