News

Man dead, woman hospitalized after possible carbon monoxide poisoning in Roxbury Twp.

ROXBURY TOWNSHIP, NJ (Morris County) – Authorities are currently investigating the death of a man after finding elevated levels of carbon monoxide in his Roxbury Township home.

Police responded to a residence on Pleasant Hill Rd on Saturday at 3:46 p.m. for a report of an unresponsive 78-year-old man, according to Roxbury Township spokeswoman Jennifer Dillard.

When officers arrived, it was determined that the man was deceased and a 78-year-old woman at the residence was feeling ill, Dillard said.

First reponders arrived on scene and their carbon monoxide detectors alerted them to elevated levels in the residence, Dillard said.

The woman was transported to the hospital, Dillard said.

Roxbury Fire Department and New Jersey Natural Gas are currently investigating the incident, Dillard said.

Police are not releasing the names of the man and woman until next-of-kin are notified.

For more Northwest Jersey’s News, tune into 92.7FM, 104.7FM, 105.7FM, 1510AM, wrnj.com or on the TuneIn app.

By: Jay Edwards Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook