MANSFIELD TOWNSHIP, NJ (Warren County) – A South Carolina State Lottery ticketholder won the Mega Millions jackpot from the Tuesday, Oct. 23rd drawing winning the $1.6 billion and two New Jersey players won $1 million, according to New Jersey Lottery Acting Executive Director James Carey.
The winning numbers for the Tuesday, Oct. 23rd drawing were: 05, 28, 62, 65 and 70. The Gold Mega Ball was 05, and the Megaplier Multiplier was 03.
The $1 million winning tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Camden County: Quick Food Store, 102 North Berlin Rd., Lindenworld; and
- Gloucester County: Plaza Liquors, 1450 Clements Bridge Rd., Deptford.
Fifteen New Jersey Lottery ticketholders each won a $10,000 third prize for matching four out of the five white balls and the Gold Mega Ball. One of those tickets was purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prize to $30,000.
The winning tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Warren County ($10,000): Family Food Market, 2015 Route 57, Mansfield Township.
- Middlesex County ($30,000): Krauszer’s Food Store, 2242 Route 130 No., North Brunswick;
- Atlantic County ($10,000): Northfield News & Tobacco, 1205 Tilton Rd., Northfield;
- Bergen County ($10,000): City Place C – Store, 18 The Promenade., Edgewater;
- Bergen County ($10,000): Park Stationary, 204 Main St., Ridgefield Park;
- Burlington County ($10,000): Wawa #915, 257 Route 70 & Eayrestown Rd., Medford;
- Essex County ($10,000): Three Sisters Bakery, 198 Van Buren St., Newark;
- Essex County ($10,000): JNC Mini Market #2, 661 South 18th St., Newark;
- Hudson County ($10,000): Shayona Newsstand, 10 Exchange Place, Jersey City;
- Monmouth County ($10,000): 7-Eleven #11037, 326 Morristown Rd., Matawan;
- Monmouth County ($10,000): Quick Chek #81, 147 Cherry Tree Farm Rd., Middletown;
- Middlesex County ($10,000): Somerset County Convenience, 1004 Livingston Ave., North Brunswick;
- Ocean County ($10,000): Circle K – Manahawkin, 1504 Route. 72 & Breakers Dr., Manahawkin;
- Ocean County ($10,000): Plaza Wines & Liquor, 260 North County Line Rd., Jackson;
- Somerset County ($10,000): Bottle Republic, 1760 Easton Ave Ste. 11-B, Somerset; and
In addition, 398 other players matched four of the five white balls drawn making each ticket worth $500. Twentythree of those tickets were purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prize to $1,500. Moreover, 748,752 other New Jersey players took home $2,811,996 in prizes ranging from $2 to $600, according to Carey.
“Congratulations to the lottery winners and to the retailers that sold the winning tickets,” said Carey. “For selling the winning tickets, the retailers have become many more Lottery ‘lucky locations’ overnight.”
The next drawing will be held Friday, Oct. 26th at 11:00 pm. All New Jersey Lottery Mega Millions tickets must be purchased before 10:45 pm to participate in the drawing. Mega Millions tickets cost just two dollars; by adding the Megaplier option for an extra dollar per play, players can increase their non-jackpot winnings up to five times. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 46 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.