CEDAR KNOLLS, NJ (Morris County) – There was one second-tier prizewinning ticket sold for the Tuesday, Oct. 16 drawing that matched five of the five white balls drawn winning the $1,000,000 prize, according to New Jersey Lottery acting executive director James Carey.
That ticket was purchased at 7-Eleven #39300, located at 99 Ridgedale Ave., in Cedar Knolls. If that ticket had been purchased with the Megaplier option, the prize would be multiplied to $5,000,000.
Seven tickets were also sold that matched four of the five white balls and the Gold Mega Ball drawn winning the $10,000 third-tier prize. Two those tickets were purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prize to $50,000.
Those tickets were sold at the following locations:
- Camden County ($50,000): Friendly Food Mart, 1119 North Blackhorse Pike, Blackwood;
- Union County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #39571, 1174 Morris Ave., Union;
- Essex County ($10,000): The Twin Deli Grocery, 185 North Park St., East Orange;
- Hudson County ($10,000): Prime Place Convenience, 514 1st Street Unit #1, Hoboken;
- Mercer County ($10,000): Corner Express, 5 Lawrenceville Pennington Rd., Lawrenceville;
- Monmouth County ($10,000): Laurel Market, 257 Laurel Ave., West Keansburg; and
- Ocean County ($10,000): 7-Eleven #11017, 260 Route 37 West, Toms River.
The winning numbers for the Tuesday, Oct. 16th drawing were: 03, 45, 49, 61 and 69. The Gold Mega Ball was 09, and the Megaplier Multiplier was 05.
In addition, 146 other players matched four of the five white balls drawn making each ticket worth $500. Seven of those tickets were purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prize to $2,500. Moreover, 271,728 other New Jersey players took home $1,143,110 in prizes ranging from $2 to $1,000, according to Carey.
“Congratulations to the lottery winners and to the retailers that sold the winning tickets,” said Carey. “For selling the winning tickets, the retailers have become many more Lottery ‘lucky locations’ overnight.”