MOUNT OLIVE TOWNSHIP, NJ (Morris County) – The Mount Olive Township Police Department announced Tuesday that it is the first law enforcement agency in Morris County to join the ‘Neighbors’ by Ring app to provide the Mt. Olive Twp. community with realtime, local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can download the free Neighbors app, join their neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
Chief Beecher stated, “Captain Michael Spitzer presented me with the information on the application and its capabilities back in late January. Since then, he has worked to enable the program with our police department. Mount Olive is continuously looking to leverage new technologies to prevent crime, build relationships with our community, and enhance our investigative and communications efforts. The free Neighbors app by Ring accomplishes all of these objectives.”
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring said, “Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. We’re excited to have the Mt. Olive Twp. Police Department join Neighbors and applaud their leadership in utilizing this free and effective tool to engage residents with up-to-date local crime and safety information while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost.”
How It Works:
● Download the Neighbors app on iOS and Android here: download.ring.com/mtolive or by texting mountolivepd to 555888 from your smartphone.
● Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
● Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
● Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
● View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or
● Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
● Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
The Ring app is available via iOS/Android and can be downloaded here.