RNJ News Department

Fire displaces 4 from Budd Lake apartment (PHOTOS)

MOUNT OLIVE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (Morris County) – An early morning fire at a Hensyn Village apartment on Sunday has displaced a family of four.

At 5:46 a.m. fire crews were dispatched to Hensyn Village apartments, located in the Budd Lake section of the township, for a reported apartment fire, according to a post on the fire departments Facebook page.

First arriving units found a working a fire and dispatched a second alarm. The fire was knocked down in under 20 minutes.

The apartment suffered heavy fire and smoke damage. Four residents were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Some fire damage spread to the second floor apartment, but it was unoccupied and has no current tenants, Fire Marshal Fred Detoro said.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking of food on the stove, Detoro said.

A Mount Olive police officer, who was one of the first to respond to the scene Sunday morning, was hospitalized for smoke inhalation, Detoro said.

Units remained on scene until 0830 for investigation and over haul.

For more Northwest Jersey’s News, tune into 92.7FM, 104.7FM, 1510AM, wrnj.com or on the TuneIn app.

By: Jay Edwards
Follow on Twitter | Like on Facebook

bl-fire1 bl-fire bl-fire5 bl-fire4 bl-fire3 bl-fire2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Photos Courtesy: Budd Lake Fire Department Co.#1)