HUNTERDON COUNTY, NJ – Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III, and Hunterdon County Chief of Detectives John J. Kuczynski have announced the culmination of an undercover operation by the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office Narcotics Task Force.
In response to the ever increasing number of overdoses, including 15 deaths so far in 2017, the operation specifically targeted individuals distributing heroin and other illegal narcotics in Hunterdon County.
The joint investigation included detectives from the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Narcotics Task Force, the New Jersey State Police, Clinton Township Police Department, Raritan Township Police Department, Readington Township Police Department and Flemington Borough Police Department to arrest eleven individuals for narcotic distribution charges.
The following individuals have been charged for alleged offenses:
- Jordan Wideman, 21, of Flemington, NJ, was arrested for distribution of a prescription legend drug.
- Eric Cruse, 53, of Flemington, NJ, was arrested for conspiracy to distribute a prescription legend drug.
- Jerry Mills, 38, of Flemington, NJ, was arrested for distribution of heroin and distribution of a prescription legend drug.
- Michael Pillar, 48, of Whiting, NJ, was arrested for distribution of a methamphetamine.
- Ernest Mittasch, 47, of Frenchtown, NJ, was arrested for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine.
- Samantha Miles, 35, of Bloomsbury, NJ, was arrested for distribution of cocaine.
- Melissa Kostka, 37, of Bloomsbury, NJ, was arrested for distribution of oxycodone, distribution of cocaine within a public park and endangering the welfare of a child.
- Kenyatta Rodgers, 31, of Bloomsbury, NJ, distribution of cocaine.
- Cherrelle Cooper, 26, of Flemington, NJ, distribution of MDMA.
- Lisa Vargas, 34, of Flemington, NJ, was arrested for distribution of marijuana.
- Rashawn Gaines, 26, of Flemington, NJ, was arrested on three counts of distribution of heroin.
The two additional individuals listed below have been charged for the alleged offenses but are still being sought by authorities:
- Kenneth Wideman, 27, of Flemington, NJ, was charged with distribution of imitation crack cocaine.
- Donte Spence, 20, of Allentown, PA, was charged with two counts of distribution of heroin.
“Overdose deaths are rising at alarming rate in Hunterdon County and across our nation. The heroin epidemic continues to take lives, destroy families and impact government and healthcare services. While we have learned that this isn’t a problem that can be fought on the law enforcement front alone, we will continue to work with our local and state law enforcement partners to track down and arrest those that sell illegal narcotics,” Kearns said.
For more Northwest Jersey’s News, tune into 92.7FM, 104.7FM, 1510AM, wrnj.com or on the TuneIn app.