PHILLIPSBURG, NJ (Warren County) – Fourteen people were arrested on drug and weapons charges Saturday following a drug investigation in Phillipsburg, according to the Warren County Prosecutor’s Office.
Following a four-week on-going investigation into the distribution of illegal narcotics in the Phillipsburg area, the New Jersey State Police, the Warren County Prosecutor’s Office and the Phillipsburg Police Department executed a search warrant on February 19 at 81 Broad Street in Phillipsburg, authorities said.
During the execution of the search warrant, police recovered six semi automatic handguns of various make/caliber (3 ghost guns/1 defaced), ammunition container with .223 ammunition, several boxes of various caliber hollow point ammunition, shotgun shells, multiple high capacity magazines, and a 12 gauge drum magazine, $7,360 in US Currency, 137 grams of Cocaine with approximate value of $8,905, 16 pounds of marijuana with approximate value of $32,000, and 1 vial PCP, Oxycodone, Xanax, and Alprazolam, prosecutor’s office said.
The fourteen individuals were each charged with one count of second-degree conspiracy/unlawful possession of a handgun, and one count of third-degree conspiracy to possess controlled dangerous substance. Khaleel Z. Ford is facing additional charges of third-degree possession of controlled dangerous substance, prosecutor’s office said.
Two juveniles who were present were released to their parents, authorities said.
The following individuals were released on February 20 pending a future court appearance:
- Julius Wilson, 65, of Phillipsburg
- Ronald D. Scott, 47, of Phillipsburg
- Nicole K. Chiappa, 30, of Phillipsburg
- Johnson M. Thuo, 23, of Phillipsburg
- James P. Smith, 48, of Effort, PA
- Sean A. Essington, 46, of Tobyhanna, PA
- Sheldon W. Allison, 49, of Easton, PA
The Warren County Prosecutor’s Office filed detention motions on numerous individuals and the motions will be heard in the coming days. The following individuals remain lodged at the Warren County Correctional Center pending a detention motion:
- Nasir Lopez, 20, of Phillipsburg
- Devon J. McBride, 34, of Phillipsburg
- Tahmir C. Carlton, 23, of Phillipsburg
- Nigel K. Douglas, 26, of Wilson, PA
- Chevel M. Jean-Jacques, 33, of Phillipsburg
- Craig B. Fabian, 35, of Washington (Warren County)
- Khaleel Z. Ford, 32, of Easton, PA
“This is an ongoing investigation and it is anticipated that additional charges will be filed in the coming days,” authorities said.