NEW JERSEY – There were two second-tier prizewinning tickets sold for the Friday, January 15, drawing that matched five of the five white balls drawn winning the $1,000,000 prize. Those tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Bergen County: Food Mart 4 U, 235 Patterson Ave., Wallington; and,
- Sussex County: 7-Eleven #36051, 85 Sparta Ave., Sparta Township
The $850 million jackpot drawing will be held on Tuesday, January 19. If won, it would be the 2nd-largest jackpot in the game’s history and the 3rd-largest jackpot in US lottery history. The estimated cash value is $628.2 million.
There were nine third-tier prizewinning tickets sold that matched four of the five white balls and the gold ball winning $10,000. Those tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Cumberland County: Cumberland Liquors, 803 Landis Ave., Bridgeton;
- Gloucester County: Xpress Mart, 107 Egg Harbor Rd., Sewell;
- Gloucester County: Wawa #775, 1445 S. Black Horse Pike, Williamstown;
- Hudson County: Roniraj Inc., 3563 Kennedy Blvd., Jersey City;
- Middlesex County: Stop & Shop #810, 1600 Perrineville Rd., Monroe Township;
- Morris County: Weis Markets #126, 146 Center Grove Rd., Randolph Township;
- Ocean County: Mystic Island Casino, 110 Mathistown Rd., Little Egg Harbor Township;
- Passaic County: Jackpocket/Utopia Deli, 355 Warwick Turnpike, Hewitt; and,
- Somerset County: Krauszer’s, 435 Amwell Rd., Hillsborough.
The winning numbers for the Friday, January 15, drawing were: 03, 11, 12, 38, and 43. The Gold Mega Ball was 15, and the Megaplier Multiplier was 04.
In addition to the second and third-tier prizes won, 173 players matched four of the five white balls drawn making each ticket worth $500. 21 of those tickets were purchased with the Megaplier option, multiplying the prizes to $2,000. Moreover, 256,805 other New Jersey players took home $1,153,708 in prizes ranging from $2 to $800.
The next drawing will be held Tuesday, January 19, at 11:00 pm. All New Jersey Lottery Mega Millions tickets must be purchased before 10:45 pm to participate in the drawing. Mega Millions tickets cost just two dollars; by adding the Megaplier option for an extra dollar per play, players can increase their non-jackpot winnings up to five times. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 46 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.