HACKETTSTOWN, NJ (Warren County) – The Hackettstown Business Improvement District is holding their 10th Annual Scarecrow and Selfie contests.
Hackettstown Business Improvement District businesses wishing to participate should create a scarecrow to be displayed outside their store. This year’s theme is “Celebrate your Business!-What are you all about?”
Every scarecrow must contain the basic characteristics of a traditional scarecrow, which include stuffing or hay that protrudes out of the hands, head, feet, and neck. It cannot just be a mannequin in a costume.
The winner will receive fifty 30-second radio spots on WRNJ Radio.
- 10/3 – The Hackettstown BID must be notified by the participating businesses of their scarecrow design via email email@example.com
- 10/7 – All Scarecrows placed in front of participating businesses
- 10/10 – Contest begins; Scarecrow Selfie Contest open to the public
- 10/29 – Halloween Downtown Parade, Trick-or-Treating and business specials through town
- 11/1 – Judging deadline
- 11/4 – Winner announced on WRNJ
- 11/7 – Scarecrows can begin to be removed by businesses
- 11/11 – Deadline for scarecrows to be removed by all businesses
For more information on the Scarecrow Contest, click here.
The BID again invites visitors and residents to take a Scarecrow Selfie for your chance to win $25 in BID Bucks.
Beginning Oct 10, find a scarecrow at any participating business and take a selfie with that scarecrow and then email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. It can also be shared on social media and tag @hktwn.
The BID will create a Facebook photo album for everyone to vote. The selfie with the most ‘likes’ on Friday, November 4 will win $25 in BID Bucks to spend at any business in Hackettstown
For more information on the Scarecrow Selfie Contest, click here.