Atlantic Health System has announced expanded standardized visitor restrictions that went into effect on Sunday, March 22 and until further notice at Morristown, Overlook, Chilton, Newton, Hackettstown Medical Centers and Goryeb Children’s Hospital, hospital officials said.
No hospital visitors will be allowed until further notice.
Limited exceptions include:
- One visitor/support person for patients in hospice or end-of-life care
- One visitor/support people in the NICU
- One visitor/support person for pediatric patients
- One visitor/support person for cognitively impaired patients
- One visitor/support person for an individual undergoing surgery or an outpatient procedure
- One visitor/support person for all labor and delivery* (*Please note additional screening required)
Visitors who meet these exceptions must be at least 18 years of age.
“There is no greater priority than the health and safety of our patients, team members and the communities we serve. COVID-19 is a novel virus that poses an unprecedented threat to our patients, especially those who are elderly, have underlying medical conditions or have compromised immune systems,” hospital officials said.