Atlantic Health System has announced that effective Monday, March 16 at 8:00 a.m. and until further notice, there will be no visitors allowed at Morristown, Overlook, Chilton, Newton, Hackettstown Medical Centers and Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
“There is no greater priority than the health and safety of our patients, team members and the communities we serve. COVID-19 is a novel virus that poses an unprecedented threat to our patients, especially those who are elderly, have underlying medical conditions or have compromised immune systems,” hospital officials said.
Limited exceptions include:
- Patients in hospice or end-of-life care
- One visitor/support person for emergency department patients
- One visitor/support person for maternity patients
- One visitor/support person for pediatric patients
- One visitor/support person for critical care
- One visitor/support person for an individual undergoing surgery or an outpatient procedure
- One visitor/support person for infusion center patients
Visitors who meet these exceptions must be at least 18 years of age.
- For all other sites of care (including physician offices, infusion centers, urgent care and any outpatient care) there is a limit to one visitor per patient.