Atlantic Health System marks 14th consecutive year on the Fortune’s ‘100 Best Companies To Work For®’ list
NEW JERSEY – For the 14th consecutive year, Atlantic Health System has been named to the Great Place to Work® and Fortune’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®,” ranking number 91.
Earning a coveted spot means Atlantic Health System is one of the best companies to work for in the country, always focused on advancing our mission to build healthier communities.
“Our talented team members work collaboratively to deliver extraordinary care for every patient and family,” said Brian Gragnolati, President and CEO of Atlantic Health System. “As a system, we empower our team to fulfill their purpose to improve lives. That’s what makes Atlantic Health System a great place to work.”
“For the last 14 years, the best team in health care has shown what’s possible when it comes to building and sustaining a workplace culture founded on trust, respect and inclusion,” said Nikki Sumpter, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Atlantic Health System. “Thank you to our entire team, for rising to every challenge together, while supporting and celebrating each other on this journey.”
Driven by innovation, diversity and celebration, Atlantic Health team members enjoy sharing in each other’s successes across the system’s 400 sites of care, including Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center, Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute, Atlantic Medical Group and one of the largest Accountable Care Organizations in the country.
“Best Companies’ leadership has never been more necessary,” says Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work®. “As workers struggle with the Great Resignation, burnout and covid disruptions, these exceptional companies offer workplace experiences as strong as prior to the pandemic. These companies get that ‘place’ is wherever their employees are sitting or standing, and they are committed to make that place equitable, safe and productive. Their commitment to genuinely care for their people through trust, inclusion, purpose and meaningful flexibility for life circumstances goes beyond surface-level perks and is a model for the market to follow.”
Great Place to Work is the only company culture award in America that selects winners based on how fairly employees are treated. Companies are assessed on how well they are creating a great employee experience that cuts across race, gender, age, disability status, or any aspect of who employees are or what their role is. The only New Jersey-based health care company on Fortune’s list, Atlantic Health System appears alongside many of the nation’s most successful organizations, such as Cisco, Hilton and Wegmans Food Markets. The entire Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list can be viewed here.
Resources to Care for the Caregiver
Throughout the pandemic, Atlantic Health System created new programs and expanded existing opportunities to support and celebrate team members:
- AHS Team Member Support Hotline: Skilled mental
health professionals from the Atlantic Behavioral Health team stepped in to answer calls from fellow team members, helping caregivers manage anxiety and stress during the pandemic with support, referrals and resources.
- Atlantic Health Crisis Care Program: Team members with impacted dependent care arrangements were provided reimbursement for back-up care options that far surpassed the system’s traditional back-up program. While team members typically use this service 12 times per year, during the pandemic, Atlantic Health more than tripled days of coverage, translating to more than $5 million in reimbursable expenses for 41,000+ days of care for team members and dependents.
- Heightened Engagement: We continuously looked for new ways to express our awe and appreciation throughout the year:
- Annual Turkey Toss—Gifting team members with their choice of a turkey, ham, fruit basket or Thanksgiving pie.
- Expanded PTO—Enabling team to cash out, donate time to colleagues, roll funds to retirement savings, and roll time to 2022.
- Caregiver Awards—Monetary gifts to thank physicians and caregivers in an extraordinary year.
- Weekly Live/Recorded Streaming Support—Atlantic Health Spiritual Care chaplains, educators and trained professionals connected virtually with team through Workplace by Facebook.