HACKETTSTOWN, NJ (Warren County) – Two people were caught on camera stealing two packages from a front porch in Hackettstown on Sunday, and now police are looking to identify the culprits.
The suspects allegedly stole two packages on Sunday, Nov. 27 from the porch of a residence on West Moore Street, police said.
The first package was stolen at around 5:02 p.m. and then a suspect returned to steal the second package at around 5:24 p.m. The total stolen was $89.12, police said.
Anyone with information regarding this case, is encouraged to contact the Hackettstown Police Department at 908-852-3300 or TEXT-A-TIP: Text ‘TIP HACKPD’ followed by your message, to 888-777.
- Sign up for delivery alerts so you know when your delivery is scheduled and when the package has been delivered.
- If you’re not able to be home when a package will be delivered, ask a trusted neighbor to hold it for you.
- If possible, require a signature for all deliveries.
- Consider shipping packages to your place of work or use the ship to store option. Online marketplaces like Amazon also offer the option to ship to secure lockers.
- Be a good neighbor! If you see a package on your neighbor’s doorstep, reach out and ask if they would like you to hold it until they are home.
- If you have a home surveillance system, monitor it more closely when packages are scheduled to arrive.
As always, if you observe suspicious activity, please report it to your local police.
“Keep in mind, these tips are useful not only during the holiday season, but throughout the year,” police said.