HACKETTSTOWN, NJ (Warren County) – In recognition of our nation’s veterans on November 11, Centenary University Men’s Basketball will host a Veteran’s Appreciation Game.
Centenary’s Veteran’s Day ceremony will begin at 7:00 p.m. with the presentation of colors, the national anthem, and remarks from university President, Dr. Bruce Murphy.
The lobby in Reeve’s Gym will showcase the following initiatives to support veterans and the greater community:
- Information on the Therapeutic Riding At Centenary (TRAC) Zoom event scheduled for Nov. 9.
- The Honor Tree: hang a star to honor your favorite veteran or to honor the troops.
- A collection bin for the annual donations drive to benefit VA hospital residents in East Orange and Lyons facilities; cash donations accepted as well; the Woman’s Club of Hackettstown is a community partner in this effort and will host a donation bin at the Hackettstown Library; drive ends Nov. 30.
- A table for Operation Chillout to showcase the good works of the organization; cash donations accepted and information to make online donations supplied as well.
- A non-perishable food drive is a service project for Girl Scout Troop 97210 from Sparta and the food donations will benefit the Samaritan Inn food pantry in Newton, NJ.