Congressman Kean applauds the passage of the Lower Energy Costs Act
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The House passed H.R. 1, the Lower Energy Costs Act, Thursday which unleashes American energy and lowers costs for families.
The legislation reverses many of the most destructive aspects of the Biden Administration’s anti-energy policies by increasing domestic energy production and streamlining energy infrastructure and exports.
“Clean and efficient American energy does not have to be unaffordable for American families. Building an economy that promotes, not crushes domestic energy production will make our country more affordable and independent of foreign adversaries such as China and Iran. An America that is energy dominant is a win for New Jersey families and this bipartisan bill puts our country on a fast track to get us there,” said Rep. Tom Kean, Jr. (NJ-07)
The Lower Energy Costs Act restores American energy independence by:
- Increasing domestic energy production
- Reforming the permitting process for all industries
- Reversing the anti-energy policies advanced by the Biden Administration, such as the $6 billion natural gas tax
- Streamlining energy infrastructure and exports
- Boosting the production and processing of critical minerals