MORRIS COUNTY, NJ – The Morris County Park Commission, in response to Executive Order 107 issued by Governor Phil Murphy, is announcing additional park/facility closures to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Most importantly, for golfers, the county’s four golf courses are now closed: Berkshire Valley, Flanders Valley, Pinch Brook and Sunset Valley.
To allow general purpose parks, trails, and some recreation areas to remain open for passive recreation, the Park Commission is asking park patrons to follow proper CDC protocol and behavior modifications, including but not limited to:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms of the virus.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Understand that public restrooms are not available but some sites may have portable restrooms (please bring personal sanitary supplies for yourself).
- While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
Follow Morris County Emergency Management “Order Pursuant to a Declaration of Emergency” which has:
- Closed playgrounds and playing fields
- Restricted organized or directed activity in the parks
- Restricts groups size to four individuals(other than family members)
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
Parks and Facilities:
The grounds and trails at all General Parks, plus Central Park of Morris County and Lewis Morris County Park, will remain open, but:
- It should be understood that benches, picnic tables, etc. are not be disinfected
- Playgrounds and playing fields are closed
- Lee’s County Park Marina
- Environmental Education Centers; Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center, Pyramid Mountain Natural Historic Area, Elizabeth D. Kay Environmental Center
All buildings and public restrooms are closed to the public, including the Park Commission headquarters, at this time. For a full list of park closures, click here.
The Park Commission will continue to assess operations and consult with the various health institutions for recommendations and possible further changes. For further information and updates and a list of all facility closures, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns please send an email to email@example.com.