DENVILLE TOWNSHIP, NJ (Morris County) -The Denville Township Police Department to deploy new automated license plate readers (ALPR) for parking enforcement.
The use of technology and law enforcement has always gone hand in hand. Over the years, the Denville Police Department has been pleased with how technology has helped officers become more efficient and accurate in their day to day duties.
The Denville Police are now expanding the use of new technology by bringing our parking enforcement procedures into the 21st Century. The Denville Police would like to announce the implementation of a new digital tire chalking system beginning on May 26.
This new system incorporates time stamped license plate recognition technology to identify overtime parking violations, eliminating the need to chalk tires by hand. This new technology will also make the enforcement of time limited restriction violations more accurate.
The system is mounted on a police department vehicle and will be used for the enforcement of the time limited parking restrictions both on the street and in the Township parking lots within Downtown Denville.
As a reminder, the following time limited parking restrictions are in effect in Downtown Denville:
One Hour Parking:
- Broadway – both sides, entire length
- Diamond Spring Road – both sides, from Broadway to Snyder Avenue
- First Avenue – both sides, entire length
- East Main Street – south side, from Broadway to Bloomfield Avenue
- Second Avenue – both sides, from Broadway to Third Avenue
Two Hour Parking:
- Second Avenue – both sides, from Third Avenue to Diamond Spring Road
- Bloomfield Avenue – both sides, entire length
Free Parking (3 Hour Max)
- Upper Bloomfield Ave Parking Lot – all free spots are marked with white striping
- First Avenue Parking Lot – all free spots are marked with white striping
Free Parking (No limit, but overnight parking prohibited)
- Lower Bloomfield Ave Parking Lot – all free spots are marked with white striping
- Church Street Parking Lot
- West Main St Parking Lot – common meter, $1.00 per hour / $0.25 per 15 minutes
- First Ave Parking Lot – all permit spots are marked with yellow striping
- Bloomfield Ave Parking Lot – all permit spots are marked with yellow striping
- West Main St Parking Lot
Permits for the permit parking spaces are available from the Township Clerk’s office. Note, as these spots are
limited in number, the availability of permits may be limited due to demand.