News Department

Employee sickened after carbon monoxide leak at Hackettstown Dunkin Donuts

HACKETTSTOWN, NJ (Warren County) – An employee at the Hackettstown Dunkin Donuts was reportedly sickened after a carbon monoxide leak Wednesday morning, according to police.

On April 6, at around, 5:12 a.m., Hackettstown Police, Hackettstown Fire Department, and Hackettstown First Aid & Rescue Squad responded to Dunkin Donuts, located at 170 Mountain Avenue, in reference to an activated carbon monoxide alarm with a reported illness, police said.

Upon arrival, the staff was in the process of exiting the building, police said.

An employee, 21-year-old Mansfield Township woman, complained of a headache and nausea but refused medical attention, police said.

The fire department checked the building and found a faulty HVAC unit that was causing elevated levels of carbon monoxide. The unit was then shut down and the building was ventilated, police said.

The business was closed for about an hour but has since reopened, police said.

Jay Edwards

Born and raised in Northwest NJ, Jay has a degree in Communications and has had a life-long interest in local radio and various styles of music. Jay has held numerous jobs over the years such as stunt car driver, bartender, voice-over artist, traffic reporter (award winning), NY Yankee maintenance crewmember and peanut farm worker. His hobbies include mountain climbing, snowmobiling, cooking, performing stand-up comedy and he is an avid squirrel watcher. Jay has been a guest on America’s Morning Headquarters,program on The Weather Channel, and was interviewed by Sam Champion.

Related Articles

Back to top button