MOUNT OLIVE TOWNSHIP, NJ (Morris County) – New Jersey Natural Gas is in the process of planning to install a natural gas distribution main on the eastern side of Budd Lake.
There will be over seventeen miles of gas pipe that will be installed over the next 6 – 8 months. Gray Supply Corporation of Randolph has been contracted by the gas company to perform the installation of new gas mains as part of the continued expansion of the natural gas service area within Mount Olive Township. Construction is anticipated to start in the next two weeks.
The following is a proposed sequence of construction for streets included in the next phase of the project:
• Mount Olive Road beginning at house #101 continue north to Delbar Drive. Then begin at the intersection of Tulip Avenue and Mount Olive Road South toward Cedar Street.
• Cedar Street from the intersection of Tulip Avenue Southeast on Cedar Street to the end of Evergreen Parkway.
• Mount Olive Road and Midland Avenue intersection south toward the intersection of Midland Avenue and Beech Street.
• Hatakawanna Terrace and Hillcrest Avenue intersection continue south ending at Beech Street.
• Beech Street and Evergreen Parkway continue east ending at the intersection of Hillcrest Ave.
• Tulip Avenue and Hatakawanna Terrace, continue west toward the end of Hatakawanna Terrace.
• Mount Olive Road and Prospect Avenue northwest to the intersection of Prospect Avenue and Tulip Avenue.
• Woodsedge Avenue begin in front of house #68 west to house #60, then begin at the intersection of Woodsedge Avenue and Midland Avenue west toward Tulip Avenue.
• Outlook Avenue and Hillcrest Avenue west to Route 46.
• Woodsedge Avenue and Tulip Avenue west to Route 46, then continue to the intersection of Springdale Terrace and Woodsedge Avenue to Pecks Way south to Woodsedge Avenue intersection.
• Canfield Street and Tulip Avenue west to #5 Canfield Street.
• Foothill Avenue begin in front of house #22 south to the intersection Foothill Avenue and Canfield Street.
• Timberline Road and Tulip Avenue west to the intersection of Route 46 and Timberline Road.
• Carteret Avenue west to the intersection of Pine Street, proceed north on Pine Street to the intersection of Pine Street and Mount Olive Road.
• Pine Street and Sunrise Avenue intersection east to the end of Pine Street.
• Man Avenue between the intersections of Cleacene Avenue and Tulip Avenue.
• Cleacene Avenue north to the intersection of Tulip Avenue.
• Route 46 from #255, CVS Store south to the intersection of Cedar Street.
The above construction sequence is subject to change based on varying field conditions and weather.
For service line connection questions, residence should contact New Jersey Natural Gas directly by calling 1-800-221-0051 or visiting njng.com.