The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board (GRWDB), serving Somerset and Hunterdon counties, connects community members to a host of free services designed to help job seekers stay on successful career pathways.
During “Career Connections,” a webinar running from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021, GRWDB staff will share these local, county, state and national resources, and how these resources can be used by job seekers.
Information on the many other virtual services and programs offered by the GRWDB and system partners also will be shared.
Reservations are requested but not required for the free event presented in the GoToMeeting format. Go to the events – calendar tab for meeting log-in details.
While on the page, check out links to some 20 other webinar and events that are happening in January, including:
- A Walmart (Flemington) Virtual Hiring Event on Jan. 7.
- Amazon Virtual Information Sessions on Jan. 5, 12 and 19 for open positions in the new Amazon facility in Franklin, Somerset
- Career webinars every Wednesday in January on the free SkillUp Greater Raritan online learning portal, and an additional SkillUp seminar with the Bernards Township Library on Jan. 6.
- Creating a Dynamic Job Portal webinar on Jan. 6
- How to Thrive During Transition and Change webinar on Jan. 15
- Using Online Job Applications webinar on Jan. 19.
In additions, the State Business Representatives will be highlighting their services to area employers during two upcoming presentations: on Jan. 21 to members of the Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce; and on Jan. 26 to members of the Somerset County Business Partnership.
More events are planned in January, and new events are being added regularly for February and beyond, so be sure to bookmark the calendar link to get information on other programs and services.
Community members also will find up-to-date labor information about job trends and skill needs on the Resource /Labor Market Information tab of thegrwdb.org.
The Greater Raritan Workforce Development Board (GRWDB) oversees federally and state-funded career and employment services for businesses and residents in Hunterdon and Somerset counties. Weekly text alerts highlight career and job opportunities in Somerset and Hunterdon counties. Text “onestop” to 565-12 to sign up.