HACKETTSTOWN, NJ (Warren County) – Hackettstown police have announced several road closures and parking restrictions that will be in effect during the American Legion Blue Ridge Post#164’s 155th Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 29.
Route 46 (Main St) between Liberty St and Warren St, Route 182 (Mountain Ave) between Route 46 (Main St) and Victoria Lane and Route 517 (High St) between Route 46 (Main St) and Franklin St will be closed at approximately 9:45 a.m., police said.
Several side streets leading to the parade route will be closed starting at approximately 9:00 a.m., police said.
Police officers will be on scene directing traffic around the road closure and motorists should expect delays, police said.
Police said that there will also be no parking and tow away zones on the following streets starting at 8:00 a.m.:
- Route 46 (Main St) between Grand Ave and Warren St.
- Liberty St between Route 46 (Main St) and Franklin St.
- Franklin St between Route 604 (Willow Grove St) and Liberty St.
- Washington St between Grand Ave and Valentine St.
- Valentine St between Route 46 (Main St) and Beatty St.
- Washington St between Warren St and Bells Lane.
- Victoria Lane between Route 182 (Mountain Ave) and Mitchell Rd.
- Bells Lane between Route 182 (Mountain Ave) and Washington St.
- Route 182 (Mountain Ave) the entire length.
Any vehicles parked in any of those areas will be ticketed and towed, police said.
Parking is available in any of the municipal parking lots and on many side streets, police said.
The parade starts at 10:00 a.m. at the corner of Grand Ave and Washington St and will then make a right onto Route 46 eastbound, then a right onto Route 182 southbound and will end at Union Cemetery. A Memorial Day Service will immediately follow the parade at Union Cemetery.
If you can’t make it to the parade, WRNJ will be broadcasting the parade live on the air.