The Hackettstown Municipal Utilities Authority will be flushing fire hydrants throughout the water system beginning Sunday and continuing to Thursday, May 16.
Flushing is scheduled to begin at 10:00 p.m. on the following evenings: May 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14 and 15. Nightly flushing is normally completed by 6:00 a.m. the following morning.
Here is the hydrant flushing schedule:
- Sunday, May 5 – Drakestown Rd, East Ave (Washington Twp only), Indian Park Estates, Mine Hill Rd, Mountain Ave, Mountain Park II, Peachtree Village, Brittney Hills, Rt.#46 (East of East Ave), Rt.#57.
- Monday, May 6 – Esna Dr, Hastings Square, Newburgh Rd, Schooley’s Mtn Rd.
- Tuesday, May 7 – Alexandria Apts, Allen Road, Harmony Lane, Kensington Estates, Laurel Ridge, Warren Village, Yorkshire Apts
- Wednesday, May 8 – Diamond Hill, East Ave (Hackettstown), Kenwood Village, Mansfield Village Apts, Mountain Ave (North of East Ave), Riverside Apts, Van Dr, Victoria Village.
- Thursday, May 9 – Ashley Ave, Bilby Rd (Hackettstown only), Brook Hollow Estates, Carol Dr, Christopher St, Cindy Terr, Connie Terr, Cook St, Franklin St, Hurley Dr, Lafayette St, Louis Lane, Maple Ave, Miller St, Morgan Terr, Park Ave, Pine St, Plane St (North of Main St), Richard Dr, Ruland Ave, Seber Rd, Sharp St, Willow Grove St.
- Sunday, May 12 – Beatty St (between Grand & Moore), Bell’s Lane, Center St, Church St, ), First Ave, Fourth Ave, Fifth Ave, , Grand Ave (between Fifth Ave & Rt.#46), Jefferson St, Little St, Madison St, Main St (Rt.#46 between Liberty St & East Ave), Monroe St, Moore St, Mountain Ave (between Bell’s Lane & Rt.#46), Plane St, Reese Ave, Warren St, Washington St, Water St.
- Monday, May 13 – Beatty St (between Grand & Stiger), Bergen St, Charles St, College View Estates, Grand Ave (Robin’s Ct to Railroad overpass), Harvey St, Liberty St, Robin’s Ct, Roosevelt Ave, Stiger St, Rt.#46 (between High & Petersburg Rd), Vail St, Valentine St, Valley View Woods, Vienna Rd, West Baldwin St, West Prospect St, West Valley View Ave.
- Tuesday, May 14 – Allamuchy Rd, Bilby Rd (Independence only), Countryside Apts, Countryside Dr, Countryside Lane, East Baldwin St, East Prospect St, East Valley View Ave, First St, Second St, Third St, Fourth St, Fifth St, Sixth, Seventh St, Hamilton Dr, High St (Rt.#517), Oak Hill At Independence, Oak St, Overlook Dr, Stiger St (First to Sixth St), Towpath Apts.
- Wednesday, May 15 – (Daytime Flushing) – Independence High Pressure area- Petersburg Road, Asbury Road, Ketcham Road, Vienna Hills Drive, Route 46, Laurel Court.
- Thursday, May 16 – (Daytime Flushing) – Mount Olive High Pressure area Winding Hill Drive, Drakestown Road, Crestview Drive, Skylands Blvd, Brock Lane, Saunders Lane, Windsor Court, Bromely Court, Stratton Court, Stephens State Park Road, Dorset Drive.
When flushing is occurring in the area, residents may draw some rusty-looking water for a short time. Residents should just let it run for a while and it will clear up. Residents are also urged to check the water before washing clothes (especially white clothing).
More information can be on the HMUA website or call 908-852-2681.