HUNTERDON COUNTY, NJ – The Hunterdon County Commissioners recently awarded proclamations to nine County Polytech students recognizing their participation in the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) National Competition, that took place in Denver, Colorado.
FCCLA was founded in 1945 and was developed to promote personal growth and leadership skills by addressing important personal, employment and societal issues through Family and Consumer Sciences education. More than 235,000 student members are active in numerous chapters across 46 states.
“I believe a strong vocational educational program is instrumental to the generational growth of tomorrow’s industry leaders here in Hunterdon County. The extended programs offered through the Family, Career and Community Leaders program offers an opportunity for members to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life. I would like to extend congratulations, on behalf of all the commissioners to each of tonight’s medal recipients,” Deputy Director Commissioner Jeff Kuhl said.
Students that medaled in the FCCLA National Competition:
- Chapter in Review Display – SILVER MEDAL: Cambria Loesch, Nevaeh McKenney-Zacarias, and Erinn VanAuken.
- Chapter Service Project Display – SILVER MEDAL: Maddie Torkildsen.
- Early Childhood Education – GOLD MEDAL (TOP 10 FINALIST): Ally Kusmiesz.
- Focus on Children – GOLD MEDAL: Morgan Moschberger and Tori Sebastiano.
- Promote & Publicize – GOLD MEDAL: Brennan Totten.
- Teach or Train – GOLD MEDAL: Claire Gootman.