MOUNT OLIVE TOWNSHIP, NJ (Morris County) – – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials Friday announced the I-80 eastbound Exit 25 ramp to Route 206 northbound will be closed and detoured next week as a priority repair project begins in Mount Olive Township.
Beginning at 7:00 a.m. Monday, April 19, NJDOT’s Contractor, I.E.W. Construction Group, is scheduled to close the I-80 eastbound Exit 25 ramp to Route 206 northbound. This closure will allow the contractor to install construction barrier in the shoulder on the ramp, creating a work zone to replace a damaged drainage pipe underneath the roadway. The following signed detour will be in place:
I-80 eastbound Exit 25 to Route 206 North detour:
- Motorists wishing to take I-80 eastbound Exit 25 to Route 206 northbound will be directed to continue on I-80 eastbound
- Take Exit 27A towards Route 183 northbound/Netcong
- Keep left at the fork towards Route 183 northbound/Netcong
- Continue straight to merge onto Route 183 northbound
- Keep left at the fork and take the ramp to I-80 westbound
- Merge onto I-80 westbound
- Take Exit 25 to Route 206 northbound
By 3:30 p.m. Monday afternoon, the ramp will reopen. The construction barrier will remain in place for approximately 10 days while repairs continue. An additional ramp closure will be required following completion of repairs to remove the construction barrier. NJDOT will provide advance notice before any additional closures take place.
The work is part of a larger $9.3 million state-funded maintenance and drainage repair contract to make improvements in various locations in eight counties throughout North Jersey.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website for construction updates and real-time travel information.