WHARTON BOROUGH, NJ (Morris County) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials Friday announced two lane closures and a ramp closure on I-80 eastbound beginning Monday for priority bridge repairs in Wharton Borough.
Beginning 8:00 a.m., Monday, April 27, until 3:30 p.m., NJDOT’s contractor, I.E.W. Construction Group, is
scheduled to close I-80 eastbound Exit 34 to North Main Street/CR 634 in Wharton, Morris County, for
priority repairs to the bridge header.
The right and center lanes on I-80 eastbound will also be closed, with one lane of traffic being maintained throughout the day. The following signed detour will be in place:
I-80 eastbound Exit 34 to North Main Street/CR 634 detour:
• Motorists wishing to take the I-80 eastbound Exit 34 to North Main Street/CR 634 will be directed
to continue on I-80 eastbound
• Take Exit 35 towards Mount Hope/Dover
• Keep right at the fork to merge on to Mount Hope Avenue/CR 661
• Turn right on to Mount Pleasant Avenue
• Turn right on to Route 15/West Union Turnpike
• Use the left lane to turn on to East Dewey Avenue back to North Main Street/CR 634
If work is completed early, the road will reopen sooner. The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website for real-time travel information