HOPE TOWNSHIP, NJ (Warren County) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials Monday announced that I-80 westbound Exit 12 will be closed overnight for three nights as a roadway maintenance project begins in Hope Township.
Beginning at 7:00 p.m. Monday, July 27, until 7:00 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, July 28, and continuing each night through Wednesday, July 29, NJDOT’s contractor, Della Pello Paving, Inc. is scheduled to close I-80 westbound Exit 12 and one lane on I-80 westbound in the vicinity of the Exit ramp. At 8:00 p.m., a second lane on I-80 westbound will be closed, with one lane of traffic maintained overnight. These closures will allow the contractor to apply a high friction surface treatment to the ramp. The following signed detour will be in place overnight.
I-80 westbound Exit 12 to CR 521/Hope Blairstown Road detour:
- Motorists traveling on I-80 westbound wishing to take Exit 12 to CR 521/Hope Blairstown Road will
be directed to continue on I-80 westbound
- Take Exit 4 towards Route 46 east/Route 94 north
- Keep left on the ramp to Exit 4B towards Route 46 east to PA 611/Columbia/Portland, PA
- Merge onto Route 94 southbound and keep right
- Take the ramp towards I-80 eastbound/New York City
- Merge onto I-80 eastbound
- Take Exit 12 towards CR 521/Hope Blairstown Road
If work is completed early, the road will reopen sooner. The precise timing of the work is subject to
change due to weather or other factors.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website for real-time travel information.