PARSIPPANY-TROY HILLS, NJ (Morris County) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials Tuesday announced that the I-80 westbound Exit 43A ramp to I-287 southbound will be closed and detoured this week for concrete deck repairs in Parsippany-Troy Hills.
Beginning at 10:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 11 until 5:00 a.m. Wednesday, October 12, and again overnight on Wednesday, October 12, and Thursday, October 13 at the same time, NJDOT’s contractor, Mount Construction Co., Inc., is scheduled to close and detour the I-80 westbound Exit 43A ramp to I-287 southbound.
The closure is expected to continue nightly from 10:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday for approximately the next four weeks.
The closures are necessary to make concrete deck repairs. The following detour will be in place:
I-80 westbound Exit 43A ramp to I-287 southbound detour:
- Motorists on I-80 westbound wishing to take the ramp to I-287 southbound/Morristown will be directed to stay right and take the Exit 43B ramp to I-287 northbound to Route 46
- Stay left to take the ramp to I-287 northbound/Mahwah
- Take the Exit 43 ramp to Intervale Road/Mountain Lakes
- Turn left onto Route 202/Intervale Road
- Turn left to stay on Route 202/CR 511/ Parsippany Boulevard
- Turn left to take the ramp to I-287 southbound/I-80
The work is part of a $21.6 million state-funded maintenance project to repair concrete structures at various locations in eight counties throughout North Jersey.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website for construction updates and real-time travel information.