NEW JERSEY – Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is teaming with local community organizations to hold energy assistance days where customers can sign up for special financial assistance programs to help pay their utility bills or energy efficiency programs that could reduce the amount of electricity they use.
The events will take place in Monmouth, Morris, Warren, Sussex and Ocean counties beginning the second week of September and continue into October.
Representatives from JCP&L and several community agencies will be on hand to answer questions and help customers determine if they are eligible for financial assistance to pay a past-due utility bill, reduce future bills or to enroll in energy efficiency programs. In order to complete the required application on the day of the event, customers should bring their Social Security cards, proof of income for all household residents, deed or rental lease and a recent electric bill.
The energy assistance day locations and dates for Northwest New Jersey include:
- Oct. 18 – The Salvation Army, 76 North Bergen Street, Dover – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Oct. 23 – Interfaith Food Pantry, 2 Executive Drive, Morris Plains – noon – 5 p.m.
- Oct. 30 – Denville Municipal Building, One Saint Mary’s Place, Denville – 1:00 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sept. 24 – Vernon Senior Center, 21 Church Street, Vernon – 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Oct. 1 – Hackettstown Senior Center, 293 Main Street, Hackettstown – 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Oct. 2 – Washington Senior Center, 33 Brass Castle Road, Washington – 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
- Oct. 17 – Phillipsburg Senior Center, 310 Firth Street, Phillipsburg – 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
For additional information about energy assistance and conservation programs available for JCP&L customers visit firstenergycorp.com/billassistnj.