MORRIS COUNTY, NJ – The Morris County Clerk’s Office, for health and safety reasons during this current coronavirus pandemic, has made a number of major adjustments to the many services it offers to the public. Some services have been scaled back while others have been temporarily suspended.
“Coronavirus, or COVID-19, has made it imperative to design a plan and prepare for any number of outcomes associated with the developing pandemic,” Morris County Clerk Ann F. Grossi said.
The actions taken by the County Clerk are designed to help slow the spread of the virus and to protect the health and well-being of county employees, the business community, and Morris County residents while continuing to provide essential services.
As the need arises, updates to this policy will be posted at morriscountyclerk.org.
Effective immediately, the Morris County Clerk’s Office has taken the following steps:
- ELECTION DEPARMENT: We strongly urge all residents to Vote-by-Mail so as to avoid unnecessary exposure to COVID19. All forms can be found at www.morriscountyclerk.org. Please contact the Election Department at 973-285-6066 for further details.
- NOTARY DEPARTMENT: Notary processing will be suspended until further notice. New Notary applications and renewals are available on-line at njportal.com/dor/notary. The County Clerk’s Office will continue to swear in residents who have received the State of New Jersey Commission by appointment only. Please call (973) 285-6122 to schedule an appointment.
- PASSPORT DEPARTMENT: Passport Department is suspending Tuesday evening hours and all walk-in processing of passports. Passports will be processed by appointment only. Please call ( 973) 285- 6161 to schedule an appointment. It is strongly recommended that unless it is urgent, residents postpone processing of passports. Administration & Records Building, IO Court Street, PO Box 315, Morristown, NJ 07963-0315 Phone: (973) 285-6120 Fax: (973) 285-6136
- REGISTRY DEPARTMENT: It is recommended that stakeholders who are impacted should forward all documents to be filed and recorded either by mail or by utilizing the Clerk’s automated e-filing system. To participate in e-filing, please contact one of our e-filing (electronic) vendors Simplifile@ 1-(800) 460-5647 or simplefile.com; CSC: 1-866-652-0111 or cscglobal.com;ERX: 1-204-887-7461 or email@example.com All documents will be processed upon receipt as the law requires. For further information please call 973-285-6130.
- VAULT DEPARTMENT: Our Vault Department will be closed to the public. Business users and members of the public may access all documents back to 1969 online. Anyone needing a certified copy can request one by email or calling the Vault. If you need assistance, please call 973-285-6747.
- WEDDINGS: The County Clerk’s Office is suspending weddings until further notice. For additional details, please call 973-285-6120.
- ADULT ID CARDS, VETERAN ID CARDS AND GOLD STAR ID CARDS: Issuing of the above ID cards are suspended until further notice.
- OUTREACH AND ON THE ROAD PROGRAMS: Outreach and On the Road Programs are suspended until further notice.