MORRIS COUNTY, NJ – The Morris County Library has successfully initiated its curbside pick-up and drop-off service for books, music, and other library materials, with hundreds of county residents using drive-up program that was instituted as a response to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
“The drive-through system is working well, and he thanked library users for their courtesy in wearing face coverings when arriving at the library for pickups and takeouts,” County Library Director Darren O’Neill said.
Patrons are not allowed at this time to enter the County Library building due to health concerns but have the option of using the Tuesday-through-Saturday contactless curbside delivery system.
“We look forward to the time when we can invite you back into our county facility,” O’Neill said. “Currently, we continue to keep the building closed because we do not think we can adequately protect the health of our library patrons and employees inside of the building.”
“As this is a new process for all of us – staff and patrons – please let us know how we’re doing. Our goal is to provide the best possible service to you given the circumstances,” added O’Neill, who offered some instructions to guide you through the process.
- You may place a hold on our material in the library catalog (to be picked up at MCL).
- Please be sure to select Morris County Library as the pickup location. (Due to the lack of statewide delivery service until further notice, none of the county library items may be shipped to other libraries; nor can the county library accept another library’s materials.)
- At any time the county library is open, you may call the Circulation Desk (973-285-6930) to request that an item be placed on hold.
The county library will not offer inter-library loans or services at this time. That state delivery service is not currently operating and may not be back in service for some months. Therefore, patrons can only pick-up and drop-off materials from the County Library located in Hanover Township at this time.
Municipal libraries across Morris County have differing circumstances and rules regarding the re-start of library services. You are encouraged to visit the websites of your municipal or local libraries to find out if and how they are operating curbside services.
County Library curbside pickup hours have been adjusted to the following:
- Tuesday and Wednesday – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday and Monday – CLOSED
The Morris County Library also has canceled all scheduled in-Library programming and usage of the conference and public meeting rooms.
Patrons are allowed to drop off library books and other materials at book drops. Fines are waived through July 31.