MORRIS COUNTY, NJ – Morris County is pushing ahead with its list of 2020 county road paving projects, despite the COVID-19 crisis, with resurfacing currently in various stages of completion in seven towns, and a host of other projects set for bidding and construction across the county this summer and fall.
Work in ongoing on segments of county roads in Denville, Jefferson, Long Hill, Mendham/Mendham Township, Mount Arlington, and Netcong. Cyclists are asked to be wary of milled roads.
Denville: Resurfacing of River Road and Bush Road, from Diamond Spring Road to Old Boonton Road ;
Jefferson: Green Pond Road, from #198 Green Pond Road to Telemark Road;
Jefferson and Mt. Arlington: Howard Boulevard, from Oneida Avenue to Espanong Road;
Long Hill: Division Avenue, from Valley Road to Long Hill Road, will be completed this week;
Mendham Borough and Township: Bernardsville / Hilltop Road, milling and paving occurring this week and next;
Netcong: Allen Street, from Route 183 to the borough line.
Included is the improvement of Bernardsville Road and Hilltop Road in Mendham Borough and Mendham Township, to the county border. The county has contracted with Top Line Construction Corp for the work, which expects to complete the project by the end of next week. That resurfacing project had been postponed in 2019 due to installation of a water line that ran under the roadway.
The Morris County Board of Freeholders in February unveiled an aggressive 2020 infrastructure action plan for the county, including nearly 40-miles of road paving and upgrades, and 17 county bridge replacement or rehabilitation projects in more than two dozen Morris County towns. The freeholders, in the county’s capital budget, allocated $23 million for roads, bridges, railroads, and environmental cleanups.
“Despite the COVID-19 situation, we have been able to move ahead with our essential road and bridge work,” Morris County Freeholder Stephen Shaw said. “Having a high quality road and bridge network is a priority for our residents and businesses, and remains a priority for county government.”
Upcoming Resurfacing Projects:
- Florham Park: Columbia Turnpike — James Street to the county line;
- Harding: Long Hill Road — township line to Pleasantville Road;
- Jefferson: Berkshire Valley Road — Taylor Road to Blue Road;
- Kinnelon: Boonton Avenue — borough line to Graceview Drive;
- Long Hill: Long Hill Road, from Division Avenue to Basking Ridge Road;
- Morris Township and Morris Plains: West Hanover Avenue — Koch Road to Stiles Avenue
- Mount Arlington: Howard Boulevard — Stierli Court to unnamed road (milepost 2.56);
- Parsippany: Parsippany Road — Route 287 to Littleton Road;
- Parsippany: Parsippany Blvd/Intervale Rd — Waterview Boulevard to township line.
Also, a major improvement to Kinnelon Road in Kinnelon is currently under design, in concert with the borough, and is scheduled to be bid this summer, with construction to follow.
The county work is in addition to local and state road-improvement projects.
To see the complete list of scheduled 2020 county road paving projects, click here.