MORRIS COUNTY, NJ – The Morris County Mosquito Commission has announced that it will be using an All-Terrain vehicle or backpack sprayer to treat a section of woods in Jefferson Township, Rockaway, Hanover Township, Morristown, and Pequannock Township on Friday morning.
The mosquito spraying will go on from 4:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. on August 25, weather permitting, with a rain date of Saturday, August 26, the commission said.
The following areas are scheduled to be treated:
- Jefferson: Milton Rd (Oak Ridge Fire House) (**No rain date).
- Rockaway: Durham Rd (Camp Marcella), and Pocono Rd.
- Hanover: East Hanover Ave (Community Gardens/Patriots Path).
- Morristown: Western Ave (SMCMUA Property).
- Pequannock: (Pequannock Valley Park).
The commission will be using Anvil 2+2, active ingredient Sumithrin, EPA#1021-1687-8329 or Zenivex E4, active ingredient Etofenprox, EPA#2724.