MORRIS COUNTY, NJ – Due to an increase in adult mosquito populations, the Morris County Mosquito Commission has announced that it will be treating sections of Lincoln Park, Montville, East Hanover, Long Hill Township, and Parsippany-Troy Hills on Wednesday.
The mosquito spraying will go on from 5:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 23, weather permitting, the commission said.
An All-Terrain Vehicle will be used to treat the following woods and floodplains:
- Lincoln Park: Gettysburg Way, Robertson Way
- Montville: Peace Valley Road
- East Hanover: Lurker Park/Camp Thunderbird
- Long Hill Township: Main Street Extension (Power Line)
The commission will be using Anvil 2+2, active ingredient Sumithrin, EPA#1021-1687-8329, Pesticide Applicator Number 20262B.
Additionally, mosquito spraying will go on from 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 23, weather permitting, using a truck mounted sprayer to treat the following streets:
- East Hanover: All roads within the municipality.
- Parsippany-Troy Hills: Edwards Road, Rutgers Lane, New Road, and Sharkey Road.
- Lincoln Park: Pine Brook Road, Two Bridges Road, Gettysburg Way, Toms Point Lane, Robertson Way, Stony Ridge Drive, and Lincoln Boulevard.
The commission will be using Anvil 2+2, active ingredient Sumithrin, EPA #1021-1687-8329, and Zenivex E4, active ingredient Etofenprox, EPA#2724-807, Pesticide Applicator License Number 2026B.