NEWTON, NJ (Sussex County) – The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission Monday announced the Newton Vehicle Center will be open by appointment only until Monday, Dec. 14.
No walk-ins will be allowed at Newton the rest of this week. Some appointments will be canceled; individuals with canceled appointments will be notified.
The MVC has confirmed that a Saturday-only employee at Newton tested positive for COVID-19. The employee who tested positive was last in the Newton Center Saturday, November 28.
Additionally, Newton Vehicle Center will be closed Saturday, Dec. 12, as Saturday employees are required to quarantine.
Ten MVC Centers currently are closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location. These Centers are scheduled to reopen on the following dates:
- Cherry Hill Vehicle Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 9
- Medford Vehicle Center – reopens Saturday, Dec 12
- Springfield Vehicle Center – reopens Saturday, Dec. 12
- Randolph Licensing Center – reopens Saturday, Dec. 12
- Eatontown Regional/Licensing Center – reopens Tuesday, Dec. 15
- Trenton Regional/Vehicle Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Newark Regional/Licensing Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Flemington Licensing Center – reopens Wednesday, Dec. 16
- North Bergen Licensing Center – reopens Thursday, Dec. 17
- Freehold Licensing Center – reopens Thursday, Dec. 17
West Deptford Regional/Licensing Center and Salem Licensing Center will be reopening tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 8. Both Centers will be fully operational following the closing of quarantine and full COVID-19 cleaning.
In order to protect customers and employees, the MVC follows strict quarantine rules in the case of confirmed exposure to COVID-19. As cases surge nationwide, more Centers may be closed and appointments canceled due to those quarantines.
Safety and public health remain paramount. The MVC apologizes for the inconvenience.
Any appointments that are canceled due to a COVID-19 closure must be rescheduled at NJMVC.gov. Customers are notified by email when their appointment has been canceled.
Customers should always log on to NJMVC.gov before heading out to an MVC facility. At the website, customers can check the status of MVC locations, find quick links for up-to-date information, complete transactions like license and registration renewals online, schedule appointments for license and vehicle transactions, and more.