NEW JERSEY — Due to severe winter weather impacting the region, customers should expect that the following service will remain suspended through the early morning hours of Thursday, December 17.
Rail service will remain temporarily suspended along with central and northern New Jersey bus service including routes serving the Trenton-area and Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City. Hudson-Bergen Light Rail and Newark Light Rail service remains suspended as do all Access Link service except for Region 3 in South Jersey. Access Link Region 3 will operate throughout Cape May, Cumberland, South Ocean and Atlantic counties.
River LINE and South Jersey bus service will continue to operate on weekday service for Thursday, December 17. South Jersey buses in operation include: Bus Route Nos. 313/315, 501,502,504,505,507,508,509, 552, 553, 559, 317, 404, 405, 407, 413, 414, 417, 419, 450, 451, 452, 453, 455, 457, 400, 401, 402, 403, 406, 408, 410, 412, 459, 463, 551, 554, 555.
NJ TRANSIT crews continue to work during the overnight throughout the system to address storm-related damages and will make a full system safety assessment before service can be restored. NJ TRANSIT will work to resume service as soon as possible. Before leaving the house, customers should visit njtransit.com for the latest service information. We continue to urge customers to reserve travel for essential purposes only.
NJ TRANSIT’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) remains open and continues to monitor any impacts the storm has on the system.
Customers are strongly advised to build in extra travel time and visit njtransit.com, access
NJ TRANSIT’s Twitter feed at @NJTRANSIT or listen to broadcast traffic reports. Additionally, NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system (www.njtransit.com/mytransit), which delivers travel advisories to your smartphone. Service information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.
- Build additional travel time into your trip to a station, terminal or bus stop.
- Stairs, flooring and platforms can be slippery, so please use caution when walking along wet surfaces or any outdoor surface exposed to the weather. Use extra care when boarding or exiting buses and trains.
- Report slippery or unsafe conditions at stations or stops to bus operators, train crews or NJ TRANSIT staff.
- If you park, ensure your car is stocked with a snow brush and ice scraper so you can clear your car upon returning to the lot.