NEW JERSEY — Due to severe winter weather impacting the region, NJ TRANSIT will implement the following service changes for its rail, bus, light rail and Access Link customers for today, December 16.
Rail service will be temporarily suspended systemwide effective 7:30 p.m. (with the last trains mentioned below)
The last trains leaving Penn Station New York/Hoboken:
- North Jersey Coast Line—Bay Head, Train 7265, 6:07 p.m., at Penn Station New York
- Hoboken—Morris & Essex, Train 535, 6:08 p.m., at Hoboken
- New York-Montclair, Train 6935, 6:11 p.m., New York
- Southern Tier Line, Train 79, 6:13 p.m., Hoboken
- Bergen County Line, Train 1879, 6:17 p.m., Hoboken
- NJCL—Long Branch, Train 7269, 7:07 p.m., New York
- M&E, Train 6937, 7:11 p.m., New York
- Northeast Corridor, Train 7869, 7:14 p.m., New York
- Main Line, Train 1731, 7:25 p.m., Hoboken
- Pascack Valley Line, Train 9625, 7:25 p.m., Hoboken
- Atlantic City (north), Train 4634, 6:54 p.m., Atlantic City
- Raritan Valley Line, Train 5535, 7:38 p.m., Newark
- Gladstone Branch, Train 737, 8:14 p.m., Summit
The last trains traveling into Penn Station New York/Hoboken are:
- Pascack Valley Line, Train 9618, 4:05 p.m., Spring Valley
- Southern Tier Line, Train 80, 5:28 p.m., Port Jervis
- M&E Hoboken, Train 6934, 6:05 p.m., Dover
- Bay Head, Train 4760, 6:19 p.m., Bay Head
- Bergen County Line, Train 1876, 6:34 p.m., Waldwick
- Gladstone, Train 736, 6:52 p.m., Gladstone
- Montclair-NY/Hoboken, Train 534, 7:00 p.m., Bay Street
- Atlantic City (south), Train 4639, 7:03 p.m., 30th Street
- Northeast Corridor, Train 7860, 7:03 p.m., Trenton
- NJCL-Long Branch, Train 7260, 7:04 p.m., Long Branch
- M&E, 6936, Train 7:05 p.m., Dover
- Main Line, Train 1728, 7:08 p.m., Suffern
- Raritan Valley Line, Train 5532, 7:16 p.m., Raritan
Bus: All central and northern New Jersey bus service will be temporarily suspended, including Trenton area and Port Authority bus service, starting 6 p.m. There will be no Port Authority Bus Terminal departures after 6 p.m.
The last Route No. 319 bus (to PABT) will operate from Atlantic City at 4 p.m.
South Jersey bus service will continue to operate as long as weather and road conditions allow. The only bus routes that will be operating in South Jersey after 6 p.m. are: Bus Route Nos. 313/315, 501,502,504,505,507,508,509, 552, 553, 559, 317, 404, 405, 407, 413, 414, 417, 419, 450, 451, 452, 453, 455, 457, 400, 401, 402, 403, 406, 408, 410, 412, 459, 463, 551, 554, 555
Customers may experience delays or detours on their routes are advised to plan accordingly and anticipate disruptions to bus service. Customers are strongly advised to check the status of the system on njtransit.com prior to making their trip.
Light Rail: Hudson-Bergen Light Rail and Newark Light Rail service will be suspended starting 8 p.m. River LINE will continue to operate on weekday service.
Access Link service in all regions except Region 3 will be temporarily suspended starting at 5 p.m. due to weather. Region 3 service will continue to operate as long as weather and road conditions allow.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Customers will see trains and light rail cars traveling on the tracks during the service suspension for safety reasons to keep overhead wires and tracks free of snow and ice.
NJ TRANSIT is working hard to restore service as quickly as possible when conditions permit. Please continue to monitor njtransit.com for the latest service information.
NJ TRANSIT continues to have personnel and assets in position in order to address any issues that may arise during the aftermath of the winter weather. NJ TRANSIT’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) remains open and continues to monitor any impacts the storm has on the system.