UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ (Hunterdon County) – The New Jersey Department of Transportation announced the closure and detour of the Pattenburg Road/CR 614 Bridge over I-78 this weekend for bridge repair work in Union Township. This work was originally scheduled for last weekend, November 1-3.
Beginning at 7 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 9 until 5:00 a.m., Monday, Nov. 11, NJDOT’s contractor, Berto Construction Inc ., will close and detour traffic on the Pattenburg Road/CR 614 Bridge, near I-78 Exit 11, as bridge repair work continues. Access will be maintained over the bridge for emergency vehicles as necessary. Subsequent weekend closures may be required.
The following signed detours will be in place:
I-78 westbound and Pattenburg Road/CR 614 southbound Detour:
• Motorists using I-78 westbound Exit 11 wishing to cross over I-78 to CR614/Pattenburg Road will be directed to take Route 173 eastbound
• Make a right onto Perryville Road/CR 625 southbound and cross over I-78
• Make a right onto Frontage Road
• Bear right to stay on Frontage Road
• Turn left onto Pattenburg Road
I-78 eastbound and Pattenburg Road/CR 614 northbound Detour:
• Motorists using I-78 eastbound Exit 11 and wishing to cross over I-78 to Route 173 will be directed to go straight at the traffic signal onto Baptist Church Road
• Baptist Church Road becomes Frontage Road
• Stay left to continue on Frontage Road eastbound and make a left on Perryville Road/CR 625 northbound to cross over I-78
• Make a left onto Route 173 westbound and continue to Pattenburg Road
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website 511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow them on Twitter @NJDOT_info.