Route 15 northbound on-ramp from West Union Turnpike to be closed Friday night for bridge work in Wharton Borough
Closures required for deck repairs
WHARTON BOROUGH, NJ (Morris County) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials Thursday announced that the Route 15 northbound on-ramp from West Union Turnpike will be closed Friday night for bridge work in Wharton Borough
Beginning at 9:00 p.m. Friday, June 17, until 5:00 a.m. Saturday, June 18, NJDOT’s contractor, Mount Construction, is scheduled to close and detour the ramp from West Union Turnpike northbound to Route 15 northbound just past East Dewey Avenue.
The closure is necessary to make concrete repairs to the bridge deck. The following detour will be in place:
West Union Turnpike northbound to Route 15 northbound ramp detour:
- Motorists on West Union Turnpike northbound wishing to take the ramp to Route 15 northbound will be directed to stay right on West Union Turnpike northbound
- Take the ramp to I-80 eastbound/Denville/Patterson
- Take Exit 37 to CR 513/Hibernia/Rockaway
- Stay left on the ramp
- Turn left onto Green Pond Road
- Turn left to take the ramp to I-80 westbound
- Take Exit 34B to Route 15 northbound/Jefferson/Sparta
The work is part of a $21.6 million state-funded maintenance project to repair concrete structures at various locations in eight counties throughout North Jersey. The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website for construction updates and real-time travel information.