FLORHAM PARK, NJ (Morris County) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials announced the Route 24 eastbound ramp to Columbia Turnpike eastbound will be closed beginning Tuesday for
approximately a month as a storm water maintenance project begins in Florham Park.
Beginning at 1:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 7, NJDOT’s contractor, IEW Construction Group, is scheduled to close and detour the Route 24 eastbound Exit 2B ramp to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound. The closure will allow the contractor to repair a damaged drainage pipe underneath the roadway. The following signed detour will be in place for approximately one month:
Route 24 eastbound to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound detour:
• Motorists wishing to take Route 24 eastbound to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound will be directed to continue on Route 24 eastbound
• Take Exit 7/River Road to JFK Parkway
• Stay in the right lane and take the exit for Rt 124 eastbound to JFK Parkway/Livingston/Millburn
• Stay in the right lane and take the Exit for JFK Parkway/Livingston/Short Hills Mall
• Turn right onto JFK Parkway
• Stay right and take the ramp to Route 24 westbound/Madison/Morristown
• Take the ramp for Exit 2A/B
• Take Exit 2B to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound
Advance warning and variable messaging signs are being utilized to provide advance notification to the motoring public of all traffic pattern changes associated with the work. The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information