PHILLIPSBURG, NJ (Warren County) – St. Luke’s Warren Campus is expanding its footprint and enhancing its services in Western New Jersey with its purchase of the Hillcrest Plaza. The shopping plaza is located at 755 Memorial Parkway in Phillipsburg.
“Our acquisition of Hillcrest Plaza underscores St. Luke’s commitment to the Phillipsburg community,” said Trevor Micklos, president of St. Luke’s Warren Campus. “We continue to invest in New Jersey, which benefits our community by providing more convenient access to top-quality healthcare and additional services and programming.”
There are more than 220,000 square feet at Hillcrest Plaza. Before the acquisition, St. Luke’s owned 92,000 square feet, used for a range of St. Luke’s practices and services. Now St. Luke’s own 95% of the facility.
Currently, St. Luke’s operates Coventry Family Practice and several specialty practices, including bone and joint, pediatrics, endocrinology, weight management, ENT, cardiology/vascular, balance center and general surgery. There is also an outpatient lab and fitness and sports performance center.
David M. Herold, St. Luke’s Assistant Vice President, Business Development & Strategy, explains that St. Luke’s will use the newly acquired space to expand the existing practices, as well as to bring in new specialties and services for area residents.
“This acquisition also includes rehabilitating and revitalizing the buildings to bring them up to St. Luke’s University Health Network standards and assure best utilization of space,” Herold said. “Hillcrest Plaza has been a valuable resource for the community and St. Luke’s is pleased to be able to invest in making improvements to the facilities. We look forward to broadening the services we provide to the Phillipsburg and the greater Warren region.”
February 2022 marked the 10th anniversary of Warren Hospital joining St. Luke’s University Health Network, a partnership that has provided crucial support to allow the hospital to recover—and thrive, for the benefit of Phillipsburg and the surrounding area of Warren County.
Over the past decade, St. Luke’s has invested more than $125 million in New Jersey to fund a range of improvements at St. Luke’s Warren Campus and at new or expanded satellite locations, such as:
- Adding or expanding many services, such as surgical services, weight management, endocrinology, rheumatology, nephrology, various pediatric subspecialities and more.
- Rebuilding most of the patient care areas—including the intensive care unit, the emergency department, the medical/surgical floors, the infusion center, the main operating room and the gastrointestinal suite—to provide a state-of-the-art clinical setting.
- Developing new health centers and/or urgent care centers in Clinton, Belvidere and Lopatcong Township.
- Adding new specialty suites both north and south of the main campus that encompass nearly 100,000 square feet of programming in more than 10 different medical specialties.
- Updating, expanding or introducing additional satellite locations across Warren County and into Hunterdon County to improve access to care.
- Implementing the highest-rated electronic medical record system in the country, Epic, to improve interdisciplinary communication and continuity of care.