SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, Jan. 5 are reporting 100 new COVID-19 cases and 6 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 5,750* and total deaths is at 224:
- Andover Borough-26 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-428 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-21 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-323 and 6 deaths
- Frankford Township-249 and 26 deaths
- Franklin Borough-164 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-108 and 1 death
- Green Township-146 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-171 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-149 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-325 and 6 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-645 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-67 and 1 death
- Montague Township-87 and 4 deaths
- Newton-386 and 16 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-88 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-60 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-786 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-150 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-97 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 72 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-827 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-375 and 3 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/29/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 5,750 cases, 3,444 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.