SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, Feb. 22 are reporting 107 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,298* and total deaths is at 272:
- Andover Borough-42 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-588 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-39 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-563 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-359 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-309 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-199 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-256 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-235 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-285 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-542 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,067 and 13 deaths
- Lafayette Township-115 and 1 death
- Montague Township-159 and 3 deaths
- Newton-549 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-158 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-85 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,204 and 16 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-263 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-208 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 95 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,377 and 14 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-601 and 6 deaths
*(5 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/18/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,298 cases 8,288 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.