SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, May 27 are reporting 107 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 38,205 and total deaths is at 489:
- Andover Borough-135 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,911 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-162 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,176 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,442 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,406 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-753 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,037 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-915 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,348 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,169 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,884 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-601 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-900 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,426 and 50 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-622 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-444 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,244 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-986 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-918 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-511 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,536 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,674 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 38,205 cases, 35,711 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.