Sussex County reports 108 new COVID-19 cases; no additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, May 17 are reporting 108 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 37,295 and total deaths is at 487:
- Andover Borough-131 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,874 and 159 deaths
- Branchville Borough-160 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,114 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,394 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,377 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-743 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,012 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-881 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,313 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,121 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,822 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-587 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-874 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,356 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-610 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-440 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,101 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-957 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-905 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-497 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,400 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,623 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 37,295 cases, 35,418 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.