SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, Dec. 29 are reporting 108 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 5,131* and total deaths is at 214:
- Andover Borough-27 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-398 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-20 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-295 and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-221 and 25 deaths
- Franklin Borough-155 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-95 and 1 death
- Green Township-126 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-153 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-133 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-286 and 6 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-572 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-62 and 1 death
- Montague Township-76 and 4 deaths
- Newton-361 and 14 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-74 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-48 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-702 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-133 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-89 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough- 65 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-726 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-314 and 1 death
*(Ten prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/22/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 5,131 cases, 3,189 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.