SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Jan. 13 are reporting 111 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 6,687* and total deaths is at 235:
- Andover Borough-27 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-472 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-27and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-377 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-281 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-195 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-138 and 2 deaths
- Green Township-181 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-188 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-190 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-368 and 7 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-724 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-77 and 1 death
- Montague Township-115 and 4 deaths
- Newton-431 and 17 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-112 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-65 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-882 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-186 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-126 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 77 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,002 and 10 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-446 and 3 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/7/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 6,687 cases, 3,765 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.